Women Build 2017
Women Build Week is a nationwide initiative developed in partnership with Lowe’s. This year, more than 17,000 women are expected to volunteer at 650 Habitat for Humanity construction sites across the country.
We encourage YOU to be one of those volunteers!
For this special initiative, we are inviting ladies to join us on site for $25 per person, with the added benefit of lunch and a t-shirt. Grab your co-workers or friends and reserve a day for YOUR group!
Decent, affordable housing is a quality of life and basic human dignity issue facing families everywhere. The Women Build program of Habitat for Humanity International has one mission, and that is to empower women to take action against poverty housing conditions.
If you are interested in joining this initiative between May 6-14, please contact Nancy Lee at email@example.com to find out how you can get involved with our Women Build program! Ready to sign up? Additional information may be found here: WB Packet_Spring 2017.
Women Build Dates
• Saturday, May 6, 2017
• Monday, May 8, 2017
• Monday, May 9, 2017
• Wednesday, May 10, 2017 SOLD
• Thursday, May 11, 2017 SOLD
• Friday, May 12, 2017 SOLD
• Saturday May 13, 2017
*Please note that dates are first come, first serve. We strive to keep this page updated, but please contact Nancy Lee, Director of Development, to confirm availability of preferred days.
Spring 2017 Collegiate Challenge
For more information on Collegiate Challenge 2017, or to sign up, contact Jon Hull, Volunteer Manager, at (843) 722-7145 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This is a 4-day building commitment with groups work Monday thru Thursday. All volunteers will begin every day promptly at 8:30am and end at 4:00pm. * The ideal group size is 10-20 people, but contact us directly if your number is different and we will do our best to accommodate.
* The work site is a North Charleston subdivision.
* The participation cost is $150 per person. This fee includes: one (1) affiliate t-shirt; one (1) breakfast, one (1) lunch, and daily snacks; accommodations with our church partner; and construction materials for the home build.
* The church is located in downtown Charleston so convenient for dinners in the tourist area. They charge $10 per person per night and you can stay from Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning, or 6 nights. It is located approximately 10 minutes from the worksite.
* We need confirmation of numbers by January 15th, 2017, and full payment 30 days before your arrival.
*If you choose not to stay at the church, the fee is $90 person.
* Volunteers must be ages 16-25 to participate in Collegiate Challenge. Adult chaperones over the age of 25 are also welcome to participate.
* Volunteers 16-17 years of age may not operate power tools or work more than 6 feet off the ground.
* All groups who have participants under age 18 are required to have at least one adult age 25 or older for every five students.
Please note: If your group has not confirmed your trip within one month after registration, the trip will automatically be canceled, and those spaces will be reopened to other student groups. If you know that you need to cancel your registration, please contact Jon Hull (email@example.com) to let him know your plans have changed.