Spring 2017 Collegiate Challenge
March – April 2017
Every year during the months of March and April, hundreds of college students from across the country travel to South Carolina to help Charleston Habitat for Humanity build simple, decent, affordable homes for low-income families in need. The volunteers are participants of Habitat for Humanity International’s Collegiate Challenge, which is one of the country’s largest alternative spring break programs and offers the opportunity for students to gain new skills, make new friends, and make a meaningful impact on the community.
- This is a 4-day building commitment with groups work Monday thru Thursday. All volunteers will begin every day promptly at 8:30am and end at 4:00pm.
- The ideal group size is 10-20 people, but contact us directly if your number is different and we will do our best to accommodate.
- The work site is a North Charleston subdivision.
- The participation cost is $150 per person. This fee includes: one (1) affiliate t-shirt; one (1) breakfast, one (1) lunch, and daily snacks; accommodations with our church partner; and construction materials for the home build.
- The church is located in downtown Charleston so convenient for dinners in the tourist area. They charge $10 per person per night and you can stay from Sunday afternoon to Saturday morning, or 6 nights. It is located approximately 10 minutes from the worksite.
- We need confirmation of numbers by January 15th, 2017, and full payment 30 days before your arrival.
- If you choose not to stay at the church, the fee is $90 person.
- A nonrefundable $100 deposit is due with this form to secure your participation. Deposit will be deducted from final total for your group.
- Volunteers must be ages 16-25 to participate in Collegiate Challenge. Adult chaperones over the age of 25 are also welcome to participate.
- Volunteers 16-17 years of age may not operate power tools or work more than 6 feet off the ground.
- All groups who have participants under age 18 are required to have at least one adult age 25 or older for every five students.
Thank you for your support! Together we can make the dream of homeownership a reality!