Charleston Habitat for Humanity welcomes individuals and volunteer groups to our community of builders year round. Regardless of prior experience and skill level, there are always ways to contribute on the worksite. Volunteers can work half days or full days on dates open on the calendar.
If you would like to speak to someone on staff about volunteer registration, please call (843)-722-7145 or email email@example.com with as much information about yourself or your group as possible (number of volunteers & preferred volunteer dates).
If you prefer to register yourself please follow these instructions:
- Select one of our calendar work sites listed below: 2548 Celestial or 5357 Sea Watch Lane
- Either login if a returning volunteer or click on the New Volunteer Registration (please include first and last name)
- Return to the calendar and select either I Am Scheduling Myself or I am Scheduling My Group (note that the boxes may look grayed out, but you can still click on them!)
- The calendar will show open dates, shifts, and volunteer slots available
- Click on an available date and shift that fits your personal or group schedule
- Enter the total number participating in the drop down box
- Enter each individual email address (this will send an automated email to those in your group with instructions on how to sign up)
- Download and complete our volunteer waiver below and bring to site the day you volunteer. You can also download the Volunteer Information Sheet for either build site with useful information for all volunteers
5357 Sea Watch Lane Publix Super Market Charities 2017 House
Our volunteers are united by a commitment to the Charleston community and the belief that everyone deserves safe, affordable housing options. Spending time at the worksite benefits volunteers as they develop a new skillset and connect with the issue of affordable housing directly. In addition, volunteer groups find that working together on a Habitat for Humanity worksite is a great teambuilding opportunity.
Here are a few roles you can play at site:
- Site host- first on site setting up the table, chairs and tent. Filling up the water cooler. Passing out name tags.
- Crew Leader- leading unskilled volunteers on the days task by making sure everyone has the tools they need, demonstrate the task at hand, work with and monitor quality of his/her crews work. Task ex: framing, shingles, siding, fence, landscaping, etc. No experience necessary, we will take you from an unskilled volunteer to a skilled, qualified leader.
- Regular Volunteer- you’re looking to learn the process of new construction to develop your DIY skills on your own home by being part of the crew.
If you have questions or would like more information about volunteering at our construction site, email Jon Hull, Site Supervisor. Thank you for the supporting our mission!
We are always looking for volunteers at the Charleston Habitat ReStore. With the help of our volunteers, we can reduce costs and provide a great service to the community. Volunteers can expect to organize and price donated items, provide assistance to ReStore customers, and assist in keeping the store clean and tidy. We take volunteers Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm and on Saturday from 10am to 4pm; we are closed on Sunday.
Volunteers join us from all walks of life. We have retirees, community service, students, churches, businesses, and individuals. They all share one trait, a positive attitude and a willingness to serve their community.
To find out more about volunteering at the Charleston Habitat ReStore, please call (843) 579-0777 and ask to speak with Neal or Eric or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be scheduled for an orientation meeting which take place at 9.30am Wednesday through Saturday. You can start volunteering the same day as your orientation or you can sign-up for another day on our volunteer calendar. Please do not miss your scheduled orientation as you cannot volunteer until this requirement is completed. Thanks for your support.
Long term* ReStore volunteer positions are also currently available:
(1) ReStore Cashier: Volunteer rings up customer sales, processes sold-hold paperwork, answers customer questions, and schedules donation pickups.
(2) ReStore Driver Aide: Volunteer rides along with our truck drivers to assist in loading and unloading of donations.
(3) ReStore Floor Assistant/Pricer: Volunteer assists Assistant Manager with maintaining a neat floor space with aisles, ensure prices on all donations, and processes incoming small donations.
*Long term ReStore volunteer positions require a commit of at least one shift per week (3-4 hours). We also welcome volunteers who are willing to assist several times a week! Please note that these positions will require a background check.