Charleston Habitat for Humanity welcomes individuals and volunteer groups to our community of builders year round. Regardless of prior experience and skill level, there are always ways to contribute on the worksite. Volunteers can work half days or full days on dates open on the calendar. We are currently building the subdivision of Joppa Way in North Charleston, on Houston Street in North Charleston, and on Reid Street in Downtown Charleston.
If you would like to speak to someone on staff about volunteer registration, please call the office at (843)722-7145 or Shylo, our volunteer coordinator, at (843)203-4024 or email email@example.com with as much information about yourself or your group as possible (number of volunteers & preferred volunteer dates).
If you prefer to register yourself, please FIRST choose the quantity of volunteers in your group (1 through 15); select any date in bold to view the number of slots available in the AM and PM shifts; and then select the shift to sign up. A confirmation email will be sent to you instantaneously. Lastly, you may download our (1) volunteer waiver and (2) information sheet. Please bring a completed waiver with you to the work site on your volunteer day. Thank you for helping us build a home with a hardworking family!
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Individuals who are 16 and 17 years of age may volunteer with a parent or guardian signature.
- The construction site operates Wednesday-Saturday with morning and afternoon shifts from 8:30AM-12:00PM and 12:30-4:00PM. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift.
- Volunteers may park in the grass lot at our Construction Office within the Joppa Way subdivision at 5349 Sea Watch Lane. Do not park on the shoulder or curb of the road. Veterans Build volunteers can park along the road near the site at Houston Street. Since parking is limited at all sites, we do encourage volunteers to carpool if possible.
- You may bring your own tools, but it is not required. If you choose to do so, we suggest labeling them so that they make it home with you at the end of your shift.
- Please dress appropriately for outdoor elements and in clothes that can get dirty. Closed toe shoes are required!
- Additional information can be found on the information sheet listed above.