Charleston Habitat for Humanity welcomes individuals and volunteer groups to our community of builders year round. Regardless of prior experience and skill level, there are always ways to contribute on the worksite. Volunteers can work half days or full days on dates open on the calendar. We are currently building the subdivision of Joppa Way in North Charleston. In September and October of 2017 we will be building 5357 Sea Watch Lane with Kenya and 2524 Celestial Court with DeVonne. If you sign up for the morning and afternoon shift, you will be working at the 2524 Celestial Court site. If you sign up for the evening shift, you will be volunteering on the 5357 Sea Watch Lane site.
If you would like to speak to someone on staff about volunteer registration, please call (843)722-7145 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much information about yourself or your group as possible (number of volunteers & preferred volunteer dates).
If you prefer to register yourself, please FIRST choose the quantity of volunteers in your group (1 through 15); select any date in bold to view the number of slots available in the AM and PM shifts; and then select the shift to sign up. A confirmation email will be sent to you instantaneously. Lastly, you may download our (1) volunteer waiver and (2) information sheet. Please bring a completed waiver with you to the work site on your volunteer day. Thank you for helping us build a home with a hardworking family!
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. Individuals who are 16 and 17 years of age may volunteer with a parent or guardian signature.
- The construction site operates Wednesday-Saturday with morning and afternoon shifts from 8:30AM-12:00PM and 12:30-4:00PM, and evening shifts from 5:30-8:00 PM. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift.
- Volunteers may park in any empty grass lot near the build site within the Joppa Way subdivision. Do not park on the shoulder or curb of the road.
- You may bring your own tools, but it is not required. If you chose to do so, we suggest labeling them so that they make it home with you at the end of your shift.
- Please dress appropriately for outdoor elements, in clothes that can get dirty. Closed toe shoes are required.
- Additional information can be found on the information sheet listed above.